Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies


I've tried so many chocolate chip cookie recipes, but this is one of my absolute favorites. It has an excellent texture and they never turn out flat. I find myself craving this recipe often. My mom acquired it years ago from the "Gabby Gourmet" who did TV spots on the local news channel years ago. It is different than other recipes in that it beats some of the ingredients for a long period of time and also adds cornstarch to the mixture. My mom likes to take them out while they are still a bit doughy, but I like them more well done and golden.

1 c butter
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
2 eggs
3 c flour, stirred and measured
1/4 corn starch
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 TBS vanilla
2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
coconut (optional)--I like 1 cup

Cream butter and sugars for 4-5 min. Add eggs, beat for another 4-5 min. Add dry ingredients, mix well. Add vanilla. Add chocolate chips. Bake for 8-10 min in 350 degree oven. (They may look a bit under baked if you use this time frame, but they will set up nicely-- I personally like to bake mine for 11 or 12 min. or until they are starting to turn a little golden)

No comments:

Post a Comment