Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Favorite Breadsticks

This recipe has a funny story behind it. It was served on my second date with a boy which was kind of like a first date with my husband. This group date night was set up by Kyle's friends as a way for him to get to ask me out. However, no one told this other boy the plan and he asked me out first. I had Kyle ask out a friend of mine, hoping that he wouldn't end up liking her instead of me. All turned out well though. We probably talked to each other more on the date than we did our real dates. Needless to say, this was our very last date with anyone else. . . so I got my man and this yummy recipe out of the night.

I love the heartier texture and slight sweetness of these breadsticks and they couldn't be easier.

1 1/2 cups warm water
3 1/2-4 cups flour
3 TBS sugar
1 TBS yeast
1 tsp salt

Mix to form a soft dough. Let rest for 10 min., then roll out on a buttered cookie sheet and spread with butter, garlic powder, and lots of parmesan, and herbs if desired. Cut into strips with a pizza roller but don't separate (they will tear apart after baking). Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. (I like to let them rise for 20-30 minutes before baking). Doubling the recipe will fill the entire cookie sheet, so don't roll them too thin, but they will rise quite thick.

1 comment:

  1. I will have to try this recipe and the Pretzel recipe, they look good. I am glad you ended up with your man, we like him too.

    ReplyDelete