Monday, March 23, 2009

Taco Soup

I've tried many taco soup recipes, but really like the combination of ingredient in this one and is made of ingredient I always have on hand.

1 lb ground beef
1 24 oz can of tomatoes ( I like to use a quart of home canned stewed tomatoes)
1 can green beans or some frozen green beans
1 can corn or frozen corn
1 can of kidney beans
1 packet of taco seasoning or taco seasoning recipe (follow link)
olives to taste (I like about half a can, sliced)

Brown meat and drain grease (I like to add some diced onions to the hamburger when browning it). Add seasoning, tomatoes, corn and beans with half of the liquid from the cans (or add about a cup of water if using frozen, or beef broth is really good too), kidney beans, and olives. Heat through and serve with corn chips, cheese, and sour cream, if desired. This makes great left-overs too.

No comments:

Post a Comment