Monday, March 9, 2009

My Favorite Brownies

This is my very favorite brownie recipe and the same one my mom uses. It has a similar texture as one from a box, but tastes better. My mom swears you have to use melted margarine to make them turn out right, but melted butter seems to work fine for me. The key is to make sure it is melted though. I especially like this recipe with the mint and chocolate frostings layered on top.

Super Easy Brownies

1 cup flour

1 cup sugar

¼ cup cocoa

¼ tsp salt

½ tsp baking powder

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

½ cup melted margarine

Mix dry ingredients; add eggs, vanilla and butter. Mix well. Pour in a 9x9 inch pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.

Mint topping

(9x9 inch pan)

1 Cup powdered sugar

2 Tbsp butter

1 Tbsp milk

½ Tsp mint extract or mint oil to taste

Spread on completely cooled brownies and then place in freezer until stiff so you can spread on the chocolate layer of frosting.

Cocoa Butter Frosting

(9x13 inch pan)

1/3 cup butter or margarine

1/3 cup cocoa

2 cup powdered sugar

1 ½ tsp vanilla

2 Tbsp milk (approx)


No comments:

Post a Comment