Monday, March 30, 2009

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

In honor of Kyle's Birthday today, I am sharing one of his favorite cookie recipes. I made this for him the first time on his birthday, four years ago, before we started dating. I considered whether or not I should bake cookies for this boy that I liked for his birthday or if it would be stupid. With my friend Suzie's encouragement I went for it. I took him a plate full of them to his work on campus at USU and nervously presented it to him. I was a little embarrassed when I saw a couple other large gift bags of presents on his desk from other girls. He was a little embarrassed about that too, ensuring me that they were from co-workers. Needless to say, he loved my cookies and we started dating soon after that.

These cookies are perfect if you are in the mood for lots of chocolate, and they always turn out perfectly.

1 c butter or margarine
1-1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 c cocoa
2 c flour
1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add soda, salt, and cocoa, mixing well. Add flour 1 cup at a time. Mix thoroughly. Add chocolate chips. Drop balls of dough on a cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes. Cool slightly, then move to a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment